The next Connecting Coaches conference will be held in Dunedin. More details to follow in February 2018.
|Dates||23 November 2018 – 24 November 2018|
Connecting Coaches is the name given to national conferences seeking to lift the capability of coaching right across New Zealand’s sport system. So far three Connecting Coaches conferences have been held:
2007 - Wellington
2015 - Auckland
2016 – Dunedin
The conference now alternates between the South Island (hosted by Otago Academy of Sport) and the North Island (hosted by Sport New Zealand), and shares a common approach to creating a deeper learning environment for coaches that attend.
Attend and you will meet coaches from many different sports all collaborating on how to be a better coach. Together we’ll answer:
- What are Kiwi coaches good at?
- What do Kiwi athletes best respond to?
- How can we lift our coaching individually and collectively?
Whatever your level, Connecting Coaches will give you the tools, connections and inspiration to grow as a coach.
Speaker slides from the 2015 conference
- Ralph Pim (pdf, 2.2mb)
- Janine Southby (pdf, 700kb)
- Michael Henderson (pdf, 2.2mb)
- Baroness Sue Campbell and Ali Oliver (pdf, 3.8mb)
- Wade Gilbert (pdf, 6mb), Sunday slides (pdf, 4.5mb)
- David Lavallee (pdf, 2mb)
- Wayne Goldsmith (pdf, 1.5mb), Sunday slides (pdf, 3mb)
- Brendan Spillane (pdf, 4.4mb)
- Dr Mark Fulcher (pdf, 4.5mb)
- The New Zealand Coaching Strategy (pdf, 243kb)
- Learning Challenge Team Facilitators (pdf, 260kb)
- Regional Sports Trusts, Coach Development Managers (pdf, 182kb)