Albert-Eden Local Grant
Our grants programme will be targeted towards supporting the following outcomes, as outlined in our local board plan.
• proud, connected and secure communities.
• a better and bigger range of recreational experiences
• a community that values its environment
• our heritage is cherished and protected.
Allsports Activity Fund
The AllSports Activity Fund provides physically disabled young people with grants to help overcome the financial barriers that prevent them from participating in sport
Amateur Sports Trust
Support for those who have been recognised by their sports body as having potential to reach representative level to participate in training and competition.
The objectives the Council has agreed for its community funding are:
• Outcomes focus: The community funding policy will guide funding decision-making to achieve the relevant community outcomes.
• Good process: Processes will support a transparent, equitable and outcomes focused community funding system.
• Value for money for ratepayers: The Council will be clear idea about what it is funding and what value is being added to the community.
• Strong community organisations: The Council will contribute to building strong, effective community organisations in Whakatāne District.
• Major projects: The Council will contribute to the facilitation of quality major projects undertaken by community organisations.