Information for the sport, recreation and play sector
Resources where you can find informed, timely information.
Sport NZ is continuing to follow the advice of the lead Government agencies who are issuing the most up to date information on matters such as health, travel, employment and events management during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Whether you are a national, regional or local organisation, we encourage you to connect regularly with these sources to understand how the pandemic affects your situation, context and interactions with the public. Any partner related questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
The situation is changing rapidly and your organisation is best placed to understand the unique impact on your employees, members and community.
To assist with this, below is a list of those organisations who can provide informed, timely information:
- NZ Government central portal containing health, travel, work, education, business and community advice
- Safe Travel containing the latest travel advisories
- IATA (especially for NZ athletes travelling between overseas countries)
- Ministry of Health offering information on identifying and treating the illness, hygiene advice, public events and mass gatherings and managing self-isolation. Also offers resources such as posters for the workplace
- Ministry of Education carrying information for students, whanau and the education sector
- MBIE offering workplace guidance for employers
- High Performance Sport NZ information particularly relevant for athlete and support teams travelling overseas
There is a dedicated Healthline COVID-19 number for those needing further advice and information - 0800 358 5453.
High Performance Sport NZ is also providing information specifically in regards to athletes or staff travelling overseas to events on their website.
View 4 March Novel Coronavirus / COVID-19 media release here.