Sport NZ’s KiwiSport investment funds sports initiatives for school-aged students, via the Ministry of Education and regional sports trusts around the country.
KiwiSport aims to:
- increase the number of school-aged children participating in organised sport
- increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children.
- support children to develop skills that enable them to participate confidently in sport.
He Oranga Poutama
He Oranga Poutama ("Stairway to wellbeing") - promotes the development of physical recreation and sport in a way that is culturally appropriate to M?ori.
Rural travel fund
The Rural Travel Fund was developed in response to concerns about a potential lack of participation in sport by young people living in rural communities. The fund:
- is designed to help subsidise rural travel for junior teams, and
- is targeted at young people aged between 5-19 years to assist school and club sports teams to participate in local sporting competitions.